Last Cinderella follows the story of 39 year old hair stylist Toyama Sakura (Shinohara Ryoko). Career driven, kinda sloppy, hasn’t had a date in ten years and might be growing a moustache. Yes my friends, according to society, she’s getting old and approaching the nearly past it stage of her life. Sakura’s friends tell her that she better get back in the game before it’s too late!
And right on time, she meets and falls for the very young and oh so dashing Saeki Hiroto (Miura Haruma). Can’t say I blame her! Has Sakura finally met her prince charming?
Ok so he is a little young for her – 24 to be exact. If you do the calculations, she is old enough to be his mother! Ok maybe a teenage mother but a mother all the same. Sakura’s main worry is ‘Can they bridge the age gap?’ BUT maybe she should forget about that and start worrying about the guy himself. Hiroto is not all he seems…
On top of that, in actual life (because there is one sadly), she has to deal with the pesky Tachibana Rintaro! (Fujiki Naohito) who is her annoying new boss at the hair salon. To make matters worse, he moves into the apartment next door. Sakura is obviously blind to his handsomeness at this point due to their incessant bickering.
You can see where this is going right? Not quite! You thought there was a love triangle? Throw into the mix, a smorgasbord of side characters which include the following:
- a crazy stalker girl – where would a drama be without one?
- the sexy best friend – yes! The Samantha Jones of Japanese dramas.
- the married best friend
- and her husband….
And from there stories get a little more complicated.
When it comes to dramas, I prefer to let the dramas air for a little while and then marathon them if they get really good. Last Cinderella falls into this catergory! Four episodes in and I really enjoyed it.
- I like that this is an ‘adult’ drama about adult problems.
- Which means not glossing over the existence of sex. It happens! It’s refreshing to see that in a drama.
- I love both Miura Haruma and Fujiki Naohito! Honestly I would have a big problem if I was Sakura. We’re not at a point in the drama where she has to make a choice between them but if there was….I’m probably have a mental breakdown.
- The plot lines are quite twisty! I find myself often surprised. I hope there are more to come.
Check out the Official site for more pretty!
© 2013 – 2015, Su. All rights reserved.