Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence review
In anticipation for the summer, I wanted to make more of an effort in wearing sunscreen daily. Although I do wear a lot of cosmetics which contain SPF. I do not think it is enough to rely on those solely for protection, especially as I do not apply makeup to cover my entire face.
After some research, I decided to go for a Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.
When you unscrew the cap, it looks like this.
It seemed on ‘paper’ that it ticked all my requirements.
First of all, it has an SPF of 50+. This means that you can stay in the sun for 15 hours and remain protected from UVB rays.
The Boise UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence also has a PA++++ rating which is a great! For those who don’t know, the PA rankings signifies the protection strength from UVA rays. So the more +’s that you have, means you have more protection. You can read more about this rating system from Ratzillacosme.
When I think about your normal sunscreen, I have memories of it being extremely heavy, thick, sticky and if you do not rub in it properly, it will leave a white cast over the skin. This is not ideal for everyday use, particularly if I want to apply it before work and wear it under my makeup.
However the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is not like your traditional sunscreen, it’s more like a very lightweight gel. It’s so easy to spread and leaves a very matte finish. Take a look at the picture below!
- I was so pleased with how light it feels. You do not have to wait very long for your skin to absorb it! It’s as easy as putting on moisturiser. It feels like there’s nothing on your skin so you can totally wear makeup on top of it.
- There’s a fresh citrus scent to it but it’s not overpowering.
- I think if you wanted you could use it as a primer because it has a matte finish. The consistency reminds me of Banila’s Classic Matt Primer!
- It doesn’t irritate my skin
- I don’t find it extremely hydrating so for those with dry skins may not appreciate this product. I’ve got oily/combo skin so it works perfectly for me.
I haven’t been able to test this out in the sun to see whether it prevents tanning! (I’m dealing with UK weather here) but I’ll be sure to update this page when I do. So if you are looking for a great daily sunscreen to wear under makeup, I definitely recommend the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence.