If you have recently bought either the 2012 Bigbang Live Concert CD or the Concert DVD in Seoul, you may have found yourself in possession of a pretty credit card sized…..er…card. If you don’t read Korean then you probably wouldn’t think twice about it.
However if you look at the back of the card, there’s a 16 digit number which is your YG family number. If you register this number at the official site then you can receive a ‘THANK YOU’ box. Don’t get too excited, it’s just a virtual one.
That said – the thank you box offers you exclusive pictures of Bigbang. In addition you can also be entered into a raffle to win signed albums e.t.c. I’m not sure what’s up for grabs this year but you need to enter your YG number asap in order to be eligible for whenever the raffle takes place!
This is one of the reasons why you should buy official goods.
On a side note: I really like how YG makes it even more worth your while for buying the official goods. The photo books and the packaging are gorgeous and something you will want to display as a nicely designed object on your shelf!
Anyway I digress, let’s get back to the Family card shall we? How do you register your YG family card?
1. First step in registering is to open an account on the YG eshop. You don’t need to buy anything from there. Just open an account! I think YG are very aware of overseas fans so they have special instructions for foreigners at their website already. Follow their instructions.
2. Then once you’re registered there. You need to visit www.ygbigbang.com
3. On the main page you’ll be greeted with this massive picture of Bigbang taking in some oxygen. Scroll down and you can see the text ‘YG FAMILY CARD’.
4. Depending on which product you bought – CD or DVD or if you’re anything like me and bought both! Click on the ‘YG FAMILY CARD’ box.
5. A pop up will come so please ensure you’ve not blocked your pop ups for this site. You then fill in your family card number. Then click the red box!
6. Your card is now registered. Now head back to the YGESHOP website (where you first registered your details). Go to ‘MY PAGE’
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see three headings ‘album, yg family number and the date it was registered’. Click on the red THANK YOU BOX text and get your goodies!
Now that should be pretty simple!
While I hope this is a helpful guide – and it totally worked for my last purchase, unfortunately I can’t get my new cards to work for some reason. I’ve got my Thank you box for the CD but when I click on the link, it doesn’t work. It doesn’t recognise my DVD number either. I hope YG sorts it out! If you have figured it out please let me know!