I was listening to a happiness podcast recently (I’m really into relaxing and slowing down these days) and a topic came up. What do you do to treat yourself?
Of course my first answer would be shopping! But I wouldn’t say retail therapy is always a healthy thing. So what kind of things do you do to treat yourself without breaking the bank?
I think it’s really important to take the time to put yourself in a good mood. So here are some small things I do to treat myself!
- I give myself a footbath. It give it a good long soak and am left with the feeling of baby soft soles.
- I will put lavender into my diffuser! I’m obsessed with making my room smell nice. I also have a diffuser machine. Just looking at the glowy lights and billowing smoke is SO relaxing.
- I am not a huge tea drinker. Much to the horror of friends, colleagues and British society! But I do make a cup of cammomile tea before I go to bed. I don’t know what its effect it but one gulp of this makes me feel so peaceful.
- Another way to pamper myself is to treat me skin well. I will clean my face really well and then use a face mask to soak up moisture!
- I have also started enjoying meditation type of apps. Just before I go to sleep, I like to try and clear the mind! I say try because it seems I can’t stop my brain from thinking about random things. I also sometimes use this app on the train on the way to work. It helps block out the stress of commuting and being jostled by randoms! My favourites are headspace and calm.
- Naturally as a Kpop/K anything fan! A great way to destress is watching a FLUFFY romantic drama or hilarious variety show. There’s nothing wrong with a little escapism now and again!
- Going out for walks. ANYWHERE. Just taking a step outside and getting some vitamin D does a lot of wonders to your mood.
- Chatting to a friend